Members of the public and representatives of stakeholders and interest groups are welcome to attend the Authority’s meetings in public. There is no charge for attendance;
If you are interested in attending one of our meetings you will find the meeting details on our Upcoming Meetings page. We ask that you register in advance of attending a meeting using the booking facility on that page to facilitate with planning capacity and managing health and safety issues.
Before the meeting
- Details on how to register will be published on the Authority’s website about one week before each meeting. When you register you will be issued with a ticket which you should bring with you to the meeting;
- Any member of the public who requires any special assistance should contact the Policing Authority in advance of the meeting, by phone at 01 8589090 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On arrival at the meeting attendees should show their ticket and sign the attendance sheet;
- Attendees should be seated ten minutes before the meeting starts;
- Attendees must follow the directions of the stewards while on the premises;
During the meeting
The meeting is an engagement between the Authority and the Garda Commissioner which members of the public and media are present to observe. There will be no opportunities for the audience to participate in the meeting.
Attendees should note the following:
- All business at the Authority meetings will be conducted through the Chairperson. The Chairperson may:
- direct that a particular matter not be discussed in the meeting for reasons of confidentiality
- direct that a matter be referred to a meeting to be held in private, without public or press present, in order to protect confidentiality
- request that an individual be silent, resume their seat or leave the meeting if their behaviour is disruptive
- Silence must be observed at all times and if an attendee needs to leave the room during the meeting, they are asked to do so quietly without disturbing the meeting
- Mobile phones should be switched off and attendees may be asked to switch off other electronic devices if interfering with the meeting
- Food and drink may not be consumed in the meeting room
- Please note that the event will be streamed live on the internet and a video recording will be made of the meeting for online broadcast. Attendees should be aware that anyone present may appear as part of that record.